- Overseeing and being accountable for all aspects of the operations
- Provide leadership and direction to Managers/Superintendents/Coordinators and staff
- Liaise and build sound working relationships with the client’s relevant representatives
- Perform works accordance with the company/client contractual requirements
- Provide recommendation to rectify variance to Contract requirements
- Recruit and maintain a qualified workforce (up to 200 persons) in accordance with the organisation chart.
- Work closely with the Maintenance team to maximise the equipment availability
- Assist in creation and adherence to accurate budgeting forecasts and advise senior management of discrepancies or issues.
- Quality take offs and preparations of claims.
- Preparation of Tender costing and documentation.
- Preparation and presentation of weekly and monthly reports
- Assist General manager in contract negotiations and interpretation
- Coordinate and record relevant crew rosters including annual leave to ensure personnel coverage for all relevant areas
- Oversee Managers/Superintendents/Coordinators to ensure optimal utilization of equipment
- Ensure that all safety, mining and other legislation relevant to the workplace are met and adhered to
- Liaison with the Safety and Training Department on all present and future requirements
- Ensuring Safe Operation Procedures (SOP’s) are in place.
- Planning and coordinating of works
- Participate in Performance Appraisals Reviews for employees in areas of direct responsibility.
- Ensure that the Anitua Mining Services management team is kept fully informed on any matters pertaining to current or future works
- Pass on knowledge to local employees to assist in the long-term sustainability of the local communities.
- Adherence to operational schedule and budgets
- Productivity, Utilisation and Availability
- Client liaison and relationship building
- Safety statistics
- Management of workforce (eg.recruitment, HR issues, shift coverage)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 years experience in a mining or construction environment with 5-10 years in a supervisory or management capacity.
- Surveying skills and knowledge
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Previous experience working with culturally diverse work forces
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Current driving license and ability to obtain PNG driving license.
OTHER CRITERIA REQUIRED:]
- Physically fit and capable of performing the role
Applications can be emailed to: Recruitment@anitua.com.pg
This is a Labour approved position and is open to expats.
Alternately, you can apply via PNGJobseek using the following methods of application:
TO APPLY BY EMAIL
Email a single file (which includes updated CV and other required documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org – put your mobile number, job advert number in the subject box of email. (For example, 70907200,75106) *Need help call 70907200*.
TO APPLY ONLINE
Click on the Apply Now button located at the top of this advert – you must have a CV registered with PNGJOBSEEK.
TO APPLY BY MOBILE:
Ensure you are registered as a Jobseeker and have a CV linked to your account. Text Apply75106 to 16563 = 0.25t/application and follow prompts.