New Britain Palm Oil Limited (NBPOL) is a large scale integrated, and leading industrial producer of sustainable palm oil in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. The NBPOL Group has over 90,000 hectares of planted oil palm plantations, over 5,600 hectares of sugar cane and a further 9,500 hectares of grazing pasture, twelve oil mills, two refineries (one in PNG, and one in Liverpool, UK), as well as a seed production and plant breeding facility. Fully RSPO accredited, NBPOL is fully vertically integrated, producing its own seed (which it also sells globally) and planting, cultivating and harvesting its own land and processing and refining palm oil, in both PNG and the UK. It also contracts directly with its end-customers in the EU and arranges shipping of its products.
We are looking for qualified talents to join us in our Port Moresby Office for the following position:
Assistant Manager, Financial Reporting
The position will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and will be in-charge of consolidation process, group financial reporting and analysis.
- Managing the Group end-to-end monthly consolidation process;
- Ensuring timely submission of Group’s financial and management reporting including monthly group financial reporting, management accounts, statutory accounts, budget and any other reports;
- Identifying, assessing and addressing the impact of changes to the business due to change in accounting standards and tax legislations;
- Providing guidance, education and training to finance personnel;
- Actively building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Liaising with external auditors and tax agents.